Based on the growing tension between China and Tibet, the Olympic games, which will be held in Beijing have been getting a lot of attention. I'm curious . . . how do you think the U.S. should respond? State your opinion (on the right).Sounds like the Parisians feel pretty strongly about this . . . read about it here.
Oh, and if you feel like it, leave a comment to explain why you voted the way you did.
2 comments:
I voted to not boycott. Reason: Many young athletes have worked many extensive hours to train in their perspective activities. I would hate to see their dreams crushed. Boycotting other areas for China would be a more effective idea--such as imports(since most of the things we import from them are poisonous anyway). MOM
Mandy, your poll is closed by I would have voted that we no boycott.
I remember our boycott of the Russians in 1980 (over their war in Afghanistan), and their boycott of us in 1984 (just to show they could). Neither one accomplished anything and only served to further divide people.
I think the Olympic games are about enlarging the family of nations, not keeping people out. No nation is perfect, but I think there must be better ways to deal with injustice and call nations to account.
Post a Comment