"Let there be rock and roll on the dashboard radio; let there be occasionally hands bongoing on the dashboard. Let that white line in the middle of far west two-lane highways come feeding into the screen . . ." --Jack Kerouac
Wednesday, November 23, 2005
discrimination sucks
A couple days ago, I got a coupon in the mail from Holiday Inn/Crown Plaza/Ramada for a free three day, two night stay in any of their 600 hotels, plus a free dinner for two at red lobster, outback, or the olive garde, and free $100 in gas. Sure, the whole thing could have been a scam, but I thought I'd go ahead and give it a try. Recently, I've actually been having good experiences with these things (more on that later). As long as they don't ask for any information that I think they can use to steal my identity or something, I figure it's okay. Anyway, so I called, and the nice man on the phone told me that it's a promotion they're doing in the Denver area, and then he said, "Now, the promotion is for couples. Are you currently married, dating, or living with someone that you have a romantic relationship with?" I want to be honest, so I said no. To my surprise and dismay he said, "Oh, well, the promotion is for couples, so you're actually disqualified since you're single." I was tempted to then explain there's this guy, and we're kind of something, and . . . but that would be a lie. I'm single. Why can't I go to dinner and stay in a hotel for free with one of my friends? How annoying. Isn't this discrimination?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment