. . . visit The Trident on Pearl Street.
Every time I spend an afternoon working at The Trident, I overhear some of the most bizarre conversations.
Last week, I listened to a young man and an elderly man discuss their views on religion.
Young guy: Jewish, wants to move to Israel to become a rabbi, but while living in Boulder, he's studying Buddhism.
Old guy: Has made up his own religion, believes humanity is infallible, and continually referred to his "mythological god."
Today I overheard a guy explaining that several years ago he was driving from California to New York, intending to move to New York. He stopped in Boulder and knew this was his home, so he just stayed. Surprisingly, I've actually heard this same explanation from many people, so maybe it wasn't that interesting after all . . .
Then two guys next to me were discussing their roommate who smokes pot every day, all the time . . . Again, not a conversation you hear in the coffee shops of southern Ohio, but here . . . kind of normal.
But now I'm listening to two young girls talk about their trip to Las Vegas. They went with a few friends for a fun weekend; however, two of their friends, while there, randomly decided to get married. And now, of course, they're regretting it and blaming it on these two girls for repeatedly encouraging them to get hitched in Vegas.
I'm realizing that I probably shouldn't work here unless I have headphones . . .
No comments:
Post a Comment